Sunday, January 27, 2008

January 27th

Well today is my birthday and on this particular day I look back on what I have done over the past year, goals achieved, goals set, etc.

Here is what I come up with this year...............


1. I have moved 10 times in the past year. PLUS I am moving this week. UGH!!!!!!

2. I have come to the conclusion that Sherry no longer exists. If it isn't Mom, I am Nana. I am not complaining because I love both of those names and all it intels. BUT when your neighbors think that your real name is Mom or Nana then there might be a problem. lol

3. Ex's can be jerks and make you jump hoops to escape them (and their current spouses)

4. I have traveled by cab, train, bus, car, truck, plain, boat, UHAUL, and last but not least horse over the last year. (the donkey don't count because I wasn't really going anywhere on it. lol)

5. I have been to 2 hockey games, 2 baseball games, gatorbowl, 1 bike rally (Daytona), Pepsi 500, and went to a dance competition. So I have watched new sports in the last year as well as some I have been to before. It is definitely better to see sports in person than on TV.

6. I have watched my grand-child be born and got to cut the umbilical cord. YIPPEE!!

7. I have been cussed at by 3 people this year. Once by an old friend (no longer a friend long story read #8.), once by someone who hurt Allee (I yelled back.), and the last was in writing by someone by the name of Tracy.

8. Lost a friendship that I have had since Allee was 1 1/2 yrs old. This was due to him not taking his medications so his blood pressure made him start yelling and getting him mad over a hairbrush he couldn't find. I have tried to have a conversation since then but he is too proud to even admit that he was wrong in what he said plus some of what he said is hard to forget. So, one lost friendship over a brush.

9. I have dealt with the CPS (child protective services), police investigators, Children advocates, and DSS (Department of Social Services.) All of those because someone by the name of S.... felt that she would be better raising my child then I am and that my grand-daughter didn't deserve us. They have told me that I was a great a mom/nana and that the allegations established by S.... were unsubstantiated and falsified. That they wish all parents took as much care and interest as I did. If S.... makes another complaint that can not be verified then she will be charged with deplomation of charachter and falsified police report. It seems there is a new law into affect that charges people (jail time of 5 yrs) if they consistently make reports on people when there isn't a problem in the first place. It was established due to someone who had kept complaining about a family mistreating a child because she didn't like the mom. Since they are required by law to verify every call they were verifying one of her calls when another child was killed because they didn't have enough man hours to get to the real complaints that day.

10. I have had 2 short stories printed this year.

11. I found some old friends that I didn't think even remembered me and that showed me that I did make a difference when I was in junior and high school.

12. Learned that I can talk on the phone, make a bottle, and hold the baby at the same time. lol

13. I am one step closer in achieving my goal to becoming a professional photographer.

14. Learned that I still love my ex Jim but I am not in love with him. I love him for the friendship he and I had once. I only want happiness for him but I am afraid he doesn't know how to find it.

15. I am happy with it being just me, Allee, and Snowe. I do miss having someone in my life to hold me and that I connect with (been divorced for 7 yrs should know) but honestly I am content with how things are right now.


Well, I guess that pretty much sums up my year. It has been an emotional, Chaotic year, physically exhausting, and all around ................ok year. Allee is healthier and we have a new addition to the family. It makes all of the other stuff not mean as much (except for the friendships).

So, Have a great 2008. I plan on it.

5 comments:

Aprilyn said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I hope you have a great day. I would love to see pictures of your daughter and granddaughter. My email address is- Natersmommy@comcast.net. I read your previous post telling why you can't post pictures anymore.
Oh, and I also have an ex but thankfully he is kind of invisible. He pops his head out of obscurity once in a while ( I saw him working at the dollar movie theater) but thankfully he has no claim to my son!!

Mom of 3 boys said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Mom of 3 boys said...

You are my best friend, and my sister..we may not be related by blood..but we are by our hearts and souls...love ya always..

Kimi

Practically Perfect In Every Way said...

sorry i'm late, happy birthday!!!!

good journaling list you have there, informative and interesting to look back on in years to come!!

Mom of 3 boys said...

Hey, you need to post some new stuff....PLEASE...
Love ya