Wednesday, November 21, 2007

$300 cake

During the holidays there is one favorite desert at our house. $300 cake. I will tell you this though........it is rich. Most people can't eat more than a slice unless they just love chocolate and I really do. :)


INGREDIENTS for the cake itself

2 c. sugar
2 c. self rising flour
1 c. water
1 stick margarine
1 c. wesson oil
4 tbs cocoa
1/2 c. buttermilk
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla

Mix together in large bowl 2 c. sugar and 2 c. flour. Set aside. In saucepan boil 1 minute, 1 c. water, 1 stick margarine, 1 c. wesson oil, and 4 tbs of cocoa. Pour hot mixture over first mixture of dry ingredients and stir well. Then add 1/2 c. buttermilk, 2 eggs, and 1 tsp vanilla.
Pour in greased & floured pan (9x13). Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.

Ingredients for topping

6 tbs milk
5 tbs cocoa
1 stick margarine
1 tsp vanilla
1 box confectioners sugar
1 c. nuts chopped (optional)

Boil 1 minute, 6 tbs of milk, 4 tbs cocoa, 1 stick margarine, and 1 tsp vanilla. Add 1 box of confectioners sugar and 1 c. nuts (optional). Pour this mixture of cake while it is still hot.

The best thing to do is start the topping as you are baking the cake. Also, it will do better if you cut the cake pieces before you pour mixture. That way all the chocolate will even be on the sides of the cake.

This also is better served with a scoop of ice cream. ENJOY!!!

IF you fix this let me know how it goes over. It is a hit at my home. :)

7 comments:

Practically Perfect In Every Way said...

i still have not recieved the cookies, but nevermind on those. i SOOOOOOO want to eat some of this cake! I could eat more than one piece - test me!!!

Mystiqeye said...

See if you lived closer I would love to fix this for you. Trust me.....I am a chocoholic and I have problems getting the 2nd piece down. I even had a friend of mine that owned her own bakery and loves anything sweet. She now has it made in her shop and calls it the Million Dollar/Million Calorie Cake. It truly is that rich. :)

Practically Perfect In Every Way said...

it sounds like a challenge to me. are you sure you are drinking enough milk in between bites???

Mystiqeye said...

The best way to eat this one is with a large glass of cold milk with a scoop of Breyer's Natural vanilla ice cream and it is coming just out of the oven. UHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Practically Perfect In Every Way said...

you are a totalllllll brat! I hope your milk gives you brain freeze!!!

Mystiqeye said...

well you will just have to try and make the desert yourself and brag about it to all your friends.

I don't get a brain freeze because I enjoy each bite very very very slowly. :) HEHEHEHHHEHEHEHEHEH

Practically Perfect In Every Way said...

I CAN'T. I have no kitchen abilities other than cold cereal (which is also good with ice cold milk).

there i said it.