Sunday, November 18, 2007

Christmas

I love Christmas and everything about it. The movies, the decorations,the giving, the music, just everything about it.

I just realized today just how many traditions I have about Christmas.

Like for instance, I always make sure to have at least 5 things under my tree that don't go to anyone in the house just in case someone we weren't expecting to visit shows up. If no one extra comes then we just have something extra for the house or even to hold on to for next year. I can not stand to open presents and leave someone to having nothing themselves.

I always make sure to have extra food. For some odd reason I end up with at least 5 people extra to eat with us. lol The more the merrier.

We start Christmas plans the day after Halloween. We just moved recently or else our tree would have already been up way before now. (one of our traditions didn't get to be done this year since our move. Tear tear)

Each year everyone that comes to our house gets to pick out a new ornament to put on the tree. We ask them to tell us why they chose their ornament and we put the date and their name on the ornament someway. Then the following year when we put up ornaments we can remember previous years and our friends for their contributions to our Christmas.

Those are just a few of the traditions we have. What are yours???

3 comments:

Mom of 3 boys said...

You have been tagged.....

Practically Perfect In Every Way said...

hey, you tagged her before I got to! now you have to tell 14 things! good luck!

as for traditions, we put the tree up the day after thanksgiving. also me and my sisters go shopping EARLY the day after thanksgiving and fight for the good deals, it's a blast.

Mom of 3 boys said...

As for traditions....we really dont' have any...since this is still a new family...we are still trying to merge things together...and I have not put the tree up yet....it will probably go up the first week of December,,we all help decorated the tree together...I love to cook big holiday meals...and we do take turned every year in playing Santa..this year my 8 year old gets to play Santa and give out the gifts....My husband started Christmas shopping yesterday, while I took that horrible test...I will miss not seeing snow on Christmas day..it doesn't snow where we live now....at least not very often..